276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Someday, Maybe

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Apart from what I mentioned above about the author's addictive easy-to-read style, I also liked the guy in this a lot more than in Hoover's previous works. Dean Holder from Hopeless managed to freak me out and piss me off simultaneously. He was a tall, gorgeous message to teen girls that stalkery, predatory behaviour is absolutely fine when the person doing it is hot. I mean, how much stupid is in this quote: Sydney was one of those heroines who I just immediately liked. She was kind, endearing and earned my respect more than once with the way she handled the situations she was put in. It was one of the things I could never wrap my head around. He was never content with “okay”. He was in search of a luminescent joy. I thought he had found it. I was wrong.” Sydney just caught her boyfriend of two years cheating on her. With her best friend. She doesn’t know what to do or where to turn, and ends up on her neighbor Ridge’s doorstep. There is something about Ridge that draws Sydney to him. She’s not in a place in her life to jump straight into another relationship, but it’s no secret she’s attracted to him. Ok now don't get me wrong this book was written great and I still love me some CoHo, but this was not by any means my favorite CoHo book.....Maybe its my fault for not reading the blurb bc I didn't care since it was a new CoHo book but I actually considered DNF because I saw where this book was headed and its one of my pet peeves.

I didn’t like one diddly dang dong thing about Maybe Someday, though, and it began immediately with a tired trope that was just not cool with me . . . Eve's family and her best friend attempt to be there for her but she often finds herself pushing them away in what becomes a withdrawal from life. Her mother-in-law, who due to racist and/or classist motives was opposed to their match, seems after her, making cruel accusations and seeming intent on making Eve’s life even more difficult than it already is. The narrative renders Eve’s sadness, confusion, anger, and despair with empathy and insight. While we do get glimpses into Eve’s relationship with Q, how they met, their years together, and the tension caused by his mother, the focus remains on Eve ‘now’ and the overwhelming grief she feels in the days, weeks, and months after Q's sucide.

So at the point of writing this review, it has been about 3 weeks since I finished this book. I was actually sobbing once I finished it and I needed to think about the immerse loss I felt after completing it. While reading it, it felt like having a conversation with someone who understood, who listened, who was not just uttering meaningless 'you are gonna be fine' but telling me 'it's okay to hurt, it's okay to be in pain, live in it for a bit... when you are ready'. The brutal honesty of this book is one that I would never forget and absolutely appreciate. As their relationship/friendship develops, I found myself more conflicted than I ever have while reading... here is the part of the review to read ONLY if you’ve read the book... There is an unusual love triangle here. I say unusual, because you LOVE all three people in it. Who do you root for? Everyone is trying so hard to do the right thing, but you can’t fight feelings that intense. There were parts that broke my heart. Warm and funny, charming and smart.” —Diane Keaton, New York Times bestselling author of Then Again I never realized how powerful desire could be. It consumes every part of you, enhancing your senses by a million. When you’re in the moment… all you can do is focus on the person in front of you.”

Maybe Someday is an amazing standalone. There are some moments that will make you gasp and others that will make you hold your breath. Experience all the feels with this book. Anyway, Syd moves in with Ridge and his roommates, Bridgette and Warren. They are a hoot let me tell you. It’s so much more than a book about loss. It’s an exploration of the pure love of family, the bonds of friendship, the power of letting others into your circle, and the pain and stress of fractured relationships within extended family.

2. The Calendar.

this book has the power turn even the most cold-heartedly independent person (such as myself) into a silly puddle of lovey mush. and who knows - maybe someday i will even find a ridge of my own. ;) The way Ridge and Sydney connected through their music was hypnotic, beautiful and downright hot. They each had something that the other needed and pretty soon, the lines between making music and falling in love began to blur. If your system has a Someday/Maybe list, that is the ideal place to incorporate the elements to which you haven’t committed yet but you will like to have the opportunity of reassess them in the future. If you don’t have this list, surely you can create it easily, even if it’s outside your system. SOMEDAY, MAYBE is not a book I'd read again and I think you should go into this very carefully, especially if you have experienced a recent loss or are feeling very depressed yourself. But it's a very human and honest book and I'm not sorry I read it. Nwabineli is clearly an author to watch and I can't wait to read more from her.

I thought is book was really sweet. I mean there were a lot of things that got on my nerves but it all worked out in the end. To see things from a new, unbiased perspective. To leave all judgment at the door while stepping into this book, because you WILL be granted a view to both sides of the coin.Grief is not neat. Pain is not dignified. Both are ugly, visceral things. They rip holes through you and burst forth when they see fit. They are constant, controlling companions, and if they don’t destroy you or your relationship with others, they certainly go a long way to damaging you […] There is nothing eloquent about my grief.” Stunningly honest and bursting with wit, Someday Maybe is the story of grief and resilience that you won’t be able to stop talking about

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment