276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mammut Men Kento Guide High GTX® Mountaineering-Shoe

£111.5£223.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Available in three different colours, Blue, Red and Grey, the styling is some of the most modern and radical available on the market at the time of writing. Maybe less suited to a traditional-led rambler, but they ooze style and function to someone like me. Membrane: Underneath this, a Gore-Tex membrane provides total waterproofing, ensuring your feet stay warm and dry throughout the day. Lower down, a super tough rubber is used to reinforce high wear areas such as the outer side, the toe and the heel.

Now first impressions were good. Very Good. I have feet that run a little wide, to understate, but the boots fitted perfectly from the first go. The finish on the leather is good and bright, with textured embossing up the sides. Despite their modern looks and streamlined design, the boots are pretty hard wearing. I’m obsessive in gear-care, so they do get cleaned and re-waxed/treated after each outing, which may not be as representative as your typical user, but there are few signs of wear after around 9 months of hard use. Mammut is pretty well known across the industry, selling a wide range of equipment and clothing, ranging from good value accessories to their range topping ‘Eiger Extreme’ series. I was first attracted to the Kento Guide High GTX due to their super-modern looks and bright colours, despite employing some traditional materials and technologies. In summary, they are a full feature hiking boot, with a range of features designed to handle some mountaineering excursions.The shoe contains outstanding grip and minimum weight thanks to a sole developed specially by Mammut and Vibram, while the improved last design supplies an optimum fit. Lined with Gore-Tex’s Performance Comfort Lining, your feet will remain dry regardless of the weather. Stand on the A4 paper with your heel pressed firmly against the wall and your foot pointed forward with the edge of your big toe aligned with the edge of the paper. Motion Control: Reinforced, flexible inside prevents you from twisting your ankle while maintaining full freedom of movement In our Hereford shop we offer a professional boot fitting service where we assess your feet, find a selection of boots that match you foot shape and most importantly we make sure that they are comfortable.This iseasy to do in the shop, where we have access tothe right tools, the option of letting you try on as many styles as you like and a knowledgeable member of staff that cancommunicate directly with you regarding your needs. The idea that some people may spend more time researching and funding their morning coffee than the footwear on their feet seems laughable when you write it down.

Another area which could be frustrating was the main YKK Vislon 2-way front zipper. Although the pull is large and can be used wearing gloves it’s a pain to initially function. Causing issues especially when a sudden shower is approaching and you’re frantically trying to join the zipper. However, even after the most rigorous assessment and testing, there is no better way to be absolutely sure than to have the boots on your feet for an extended period of time. We therefore offer our Home Trial Period which gives you the opportunity to wear the boots around your house to give you an indication of how they feel before you venture outside. We recommend that during the Home Trial Period that you wear the boots for as long as possible and at different times of the day, wear them up and down stairs, when moving around and when resting, you can even sleep in them if you want. NOTE: The above table is only a guide. Manufactures don’t like tomake it easy as every single oneof them strays from the measurements above. The Kento is constructed from a mixture of both synthetic and natural materials. The majority of the upper is made from high-quality velours leather, which is soft, warm and comfortable, perfect for high alpine environments. The remainder is formed of a supple textile material that provides exceptional dexterity and comfort.The main fabric is made from DryTechnology Pro 2.5 which has a HH of 20,000 mm. We can certainly vouch for its resistance against heavy downpours and increased wind-speed. Many hours spent in tough conditions high on the Monadhliath Munros are testament to this. So naturally, when my last pair of boots failed me (See Boots – Meindl Litepeak ProGTX) I was a little disheartened, but excited to start finding a worthy replacement. In addition to this, the supplied insoles are low volume efforts which leave a lot to be desired; if you value your feet I suggest investing in some ‘orthotic’ insoles – they quite literally transformed my hikes. The laces are particular thin, perfect for the modern looks, not so when you’re attempting to adjust them in the freezing mid-winter weather. I’ve found the sole, a Vibram effort, to be perfect in both aggressiveness and support, all while allowing the user to attach some pretty functional C1 crampons. A nice balance between comfort, useability and function. The Vibram rubber outsole is very grippy indeed across wet and dry terrain. The samples arrived too late for me to take them above the snowline, but they will be broken in perfectly for that test this coming winter. The heel has a counter to take a crampon heel clip, and the heel construction is solid enough that a crampon shouldn’t be felt while you wear them.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment