276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Downton Abbey: A New Era [Blu-ray] [2022] [Region Free]

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Back home, Lady Mary (Michelle Dockery) must cope with disruption caused by a slew of movie people, including leading man Guy Dexter (Dominic West) and platinum blonde leading lady Myrna Dalgleish (Laura Haddock). Depth: Being a film that doesn’t use a lot of overt special effects, the use of vintage-inspired visuals, lighting and props all lend to the eye-catching foregrounds and backgrounds. Downton Abbey: A New Era in Ultra HD presents extremely well and is the best way to experience the film on home video. Surround Sound Presentation: Surrounds are all lovely ambience, surrounding you into the world of Downton and the people who inhabit it.

I was immediately taken with the hybrid of period drama, dry comedy, mystery, and family history of the show and first film. There is a bit of a soap opera feel however it never descends to that level of ostentatious envelope pushing. period drama for years now, exploring the upstairs and downstairs world of aristocratic life in early 1900s Yorkshire. I have no doubt that I will be diving headlong into the series now that I’ve seen the two gorgeous, entertaining, and endearing films. Her Majesty’s Yacht Britannia – Learn the real history behind Her Majesty’s Yacht Britannia, and why it was a perfect vessel to play the cross-channel ferry in the film.A Legendary Character (4K, Dolby Vision, 4:40): A short tribute to Maggie Smith, the Iconic Dowager Countess Violet. Her Majesty’s Yacht Britannia - Learn the real history behind Her Majesty's Yacht Britannia, and why it was a perfect vessel to play the cross-channel ferry in the film. My biggest thoughts on this film are that it’s not only great to look at, but something about a film like this feels comforting and joyous.

Very much like the series Downton Abbey: The Motion Picture delivers wit, warmth, passion and an evocative feeling of nostalgia that plays perfectly to fans. Additionally, there are a host of subplots, predominantly surrounding the household staff but, not limited to them, as Mary, Cora, Violet and members of the film company have bits to play too.

We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our site, provide personalised content and advertising, analyse our traffic, and ensure you see more of what you love. The film became available for streaming on Peacock however, I convinced my wife to await the arrival of the Home Video. Color reproduction is consistent, with primaries like blue, red, and green appearing richer, even a bit more delineated. Downton Abbey: A New Era is the second feature film based on the popular TV series about the lives of the Crawley family, their upper-class friends, and the staff of servants who make their lives comfortable. This sends Robert into a tailspin, and his wife urges him and other family members to take a trip to the South of France to see the villa that they’ve just learned they own.

The dowager countess has mysteriously inherited a new property in the South of France which is becoming quite an attraction. This allows them to be likeable at times unlikable at others but always definably pertinent to the show’s shifting axis. On occasion this can be a somewhat darkish film, and its interior sequences had excellent depth and dimension.Downton Abbey: A New Era retains the feel of what made the series special but, sometimes familiarity can breed tedium. There are also some implications to Countess Violet’s past and possible family differences that could be dire. Effective sound mixing is evident in the dinner scene and in the hubbub of the film crew setting up their equipment while the family tries to maintain normality despite the bevy of strangers in their home. With the purchase of DOWNTON ABBEY: A NEW ERA on disc or digital, fans are eligible to earn points towards digital movies via the Universal All-Access Rewards program.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment